Are you two totally smitten with Mother Nature? Do you want your big day to reflect your Eco-friendly lifestyle and beliefs? Wouldn’t it be absolutely amazing to stay true to your values even on your wedding day? In recent years, there has been a growing trend towards Eco-friendly weddings, and for good reason. Weddings can be quite wasteful, with excessive use of resources, from decorations to food waste. Planning an Eco-friendly elopement or intimate wedding is not just good for the environment. It can also be a way to express your values and create a unique and meaningful celebration. Here are 10 tips to help you plan an Eco-friendly elopement or intimate wedding.
- Choose a natural location: Instead of booking a venue, consider an outdoor setting, such as a local park, forest, or beach. This not only adds to the beauty and serenity of your ceremony but also reduces the need for decor and energy consumption.
- Use recycled or upcycled materials: When choosing decor, consider using recycled or upcycled materials. This can include using old jars as vases, repurposing old wood pallets as a backdrop or ceremony arch, or incorporating thrift store finds for centerpieces.
- Consider Eco-friendly invitations: Instead of sending out paper invitations, consider using digital invites. You can also opt for other Eco-friendly options such as recycled paper or seed paper. Seed paper invitations can be planted and will grow into wildflowers, which is a beautiful and sustainable option.
- Choose Eco-friendly wedding vendors: Hiring Eco-friendly wedding vendors is a crucial step while opting for a green wedding. From caterers who use organic, locally-sourced ingredients to florists who avoid harmful pesticides and use sustainable farming practices, every vendor you choose can make a difference! Select vendors who prioritize Eco-friendliness. This will ensure that your wedding is not only beautiful and memorable, but also aligned with your values and beliefs about sustainability. Plus, you’ll be supporting businesses that are doing their part to protect the planet.
- Use sustainable tableware: Instead of using disposable tableware, opt for reusable or compostable options. This can include renting tableware or using compostable options made from bamboo or palm leaves.
- Choose a green wedding dress: When selecting a wedding dress, consider buying a second-hand dress. Renting from a bridal boutique that specializes in Eco-friendly options is also an excellent option.
- Use natural lighting: Instead of relying on artificial lighting, consider using natural lighting, such as candles or lanterns. This not only creates a romantic ambiance but also reduces energy consumption.
- Encourage carpooling: To reduce carbon emissions, encourage guests to carpool or take public transportation to the wedding location.
- Consider donating leftover food: Instead of wasting leftover food, consider donating it to a local food bank or shelter.
- Provide Eco-friendly favors: Instead of opting for traditional favors to give your guests, consider Eco-friendly options such as seeds, plants, or reusable items like tote bags.
With these 10 tips, plan an Eco-friendly elopement or intimate wedding in a meaningful and sustainable celebration that reflects your values and helps protect the environment. And if you are planning a green wedding and searching for an Eco-friendly, leave-no-trace wedding photographer, let’s team up and make it happen! I’m all about capturing those magical moments while treading lightly on the environment. Shoot me a message and let’s get this green wedding party started!