The very first detail couples usually decide upon while planning their elopement is the destination! Deciding on a location for your special day can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. Are you currently looking for the perfect elopement location and haven’t been able to make up your mind? Here are some tips to find elopement locations for every style –
- Consider the season: The season in which you plan to elope will greatly affect the type of location you choose. So, if you want a winter wonderland, consider a location in the mountains. On the other hand, if you’re dreaming of a beach elopement, plan for a summer or fall wedding.
- Consider the logistics: Before you fall in love with a location, make sure it’s practical. Therefore, consider the distance from your home, the cost of travel and accommodations, as well as the availability of vendors.
- Take into account the legal requirements: Different locations can have markedly different laws regarding marriage licenses, permits and officiants. Make sure you understand the legal requirements of the location you’re considering before you make a decision.
- Look for inspiration: Take a look at some of the beautiful elopement locations on Instagram or Pinterest and get inspired!
- Make it meaningful: A location that has special meaning to you and your partner, such as the place where you first met, or a spot that holds significance in your relationship.
- Hire an Elopement planner: If you are having trouble finding the perfect location and you want to make your elopement a stress-free experience, consider hiring an elopement planner. They can help you find the best location to suit your needs and make the planning process much easier.
- Think about the type of landscape you want: Do you want a mountain view, a beach, a forest, or a city scape? Deciding on the type of landscape you want will help narrow down your options.
Based on the style you’re hoping for, there are a lot of beautiful and unique options available –
- Rustic Charm: For couples looking for a rustic, outdoor setting, consider a barn or farm venue. These venues often feature beautiful natural landscapes and charming, vintage decor. Some popular options include Willow Lane Barn, Ontario; Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, British Columbia and the Harvest Moon Pond Barn in Upstate New York.
- Beachy Bliss: Beach elopements are becoming increasingly popular, and for good reason. With the sound of the ocean in the background and the sand between your toes, it’s hard to beat the romantic ambiance of a beach venue. Some top choices include Long Beach, Ontario; Bora Bora, French Polynesia and Maui, Hawaii.
- Urban Glam: For the couple who wants a chic, city vibe, consider an elopement in a city venue. From rooftop terraces to industrial lofts, urban venues offer a variety of options for the stylish couple. Some top choices include The Plaza Hotel, New York City; The Palace of Versailles, France and The Ritz Carlton, Toronto.
- Mountain Majesty: For those who love the great outdoors, a mountain venue is the perfect choice. With breathtaking views and secluded, natural settings, mountain venues offer a unique and romantic experience. Some top choices are Banff, Canada; Aspen, Colorado, United States; Zermatt, Switzerland and Lake Louise, Canada.
- Luxe and Lavish: For the couple who wants a luxurious and opulent elopement, consider a venue with elegant decor and high-end amenities. Some top choices include Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea, Hawaii; Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada; The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, India and The Plaza Hotel in New York City.
Ultimately, the most important thing is that the location you choose feels special and meaningful to you and your partner. Take your time, consider all your options, and don’t be afraid to think outside the box. Remember, this is your special day, and it should be everything you’ve ever wanted. Consider your budget, guest count, and location when making your decision.
Ready to start? I would love to help you plan out your DREAM celebration and take away all the stress so you can enjoy the day as well as the days leading up to it!